Tuesday, November 27, 2007

On the Occassion of Joshua's 13th Birthday!

The Birthday Boy is 13 today but we had his party on Thanksgiving Day - which was very appropriate since our children and our families are at the top of our "thankful" list. As you can see in the following photo, Joshua is taller than his mom - and very proud of it!
Joshua with Daddy and Momma


We planned a special blessing for Joshua's party. Stephen chose some wonderful scriptures to pray over this incredible son of ours.

Psalm 1 was read by Grandaddy

Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

Joshua with Granddaddy and Granny

Psalm 119:1-11 was read by Big Daddy

Blessed are they whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the LORD.

Blessed are they who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart.

They do nothing wrong;
they walk in his ways.

You have laid down precepts
that are to be fully obeyed.

Oh, that my ways were steadfast
in obeying your decrees!

Then I would not be put to shame
when I consider all your commands.

I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.

I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me.

How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.

I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.

I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.

Joshua with Big Daddy and Ma

Proverbs 2 was read by Daddy

My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,

turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,

and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,

and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,

then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.

For the LORD gives wisdom,
and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

He holds victory in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,

for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair—every good path.

The Blessing Given


After this awesome time together reading scripture and praying - we had the party!

The party was at Aunt Michele's house

First, the cake...

then the gifts!


I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 1:4

No comments: